The Writing Centre is also open to international students and FAU staff.
Appointments can be made for the following times:
Due to the closure of all consultation rooms as a result of coronavirus, writing consultations will be offered online soon.
Henkestraße 91, Room 01.276, Erlangen
(How to find us at our new location: map)
Mondays 12:00-12:45, 14:00-14:45 (Nadine Jendrusch)
Bismarckstraße 10, Room 02.213,
Mondays 15:30-16:15, 16:45-17:30 (Annette Arend)
Main Library, Schuhstraße 1a,
Room 01.038, Erlangen
Thursdays 11:15-12:00 (Annette Arend)
- Appointments usually last around 45 minutes
- If you already have an outline and have written a few pages of text, you can send your outline and an excerpt of 1-2 pages to the person with whom you have booked the consultation appointment.
Please check who will advise you and then send your text excerpt by e-mail to:
- If you can’t make it to your appointment, please cancel via the online booking tool at least 24 hours in Advance.
- What we do: We provide advice on (academic) writing. We analyse your text with you and give tips on various aspects of it.
- What we do not do: We do not correct your text and we cannot answer any questions regarding the content. Only experts in your department can help you with the content.
In addition, special courses on (academic) writing are held for German language learners at the Language Centre. You will find the relevant semester courses in UnivIS.
After completing her bachelor’s degree in Media Management, Nadine Jendrusch is now studying for a Master’s degree in Book Studies at FAU. She would like to turn her passion for books into a career and is hoping to become an editor so that she can discover great stories every day. When she is not reading or studying, she enjoys travelling the world and relaxing with yoga.