The Writing Centre is also open to international students and FAU staff.
Important! From August 17 to August 28, 2020 there will be no “Writing in German for international students” consultations offered.
All consultations are being offered online due to the current COVID-19 situation.
Appointments can be made for the following times:
Tuesday 10:00 – 10:45, 11:30 – 12:15 (Sarah Bösendörfer)
Thursdays 11:00 – 11:45, 12:00 – 12:45, 13:00 – 13:45 (Jasmin Haderlein)
- For appointment requests at alternate times simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appointments usually last around 45 minutes
- If you already have an outline and have written a few pages of text, you can send your outline and an excerpt of 1-2 pages to the person with whom you have booked the consultation appointment.
Please check who will advise you and then send your text excerpt by e-mail to:
- If you can’t make it to your appointment, please cancel via the online booking tool at least 24 hours in Advance.
- What we do: We provide advice on (academic) writing. We analyse your text with you and give tips on various aspects of it.
- What we do not do: We do not correct your text and we cannot answer any questions regarding the content. Only experts in your department can help you with the content.
In addition, special courses on (academic) writing are held for German language learners at the Language Centre. You will find the relevant semester courses in UnivIS.
Jasmin Haderlein works at the Language Centre in the German as a Foreign Language department and teaches, among other things, writing courses there. As a trained writing consultant, she is responsible for providing international advice at the Writing Centre. When she has free time, she likes to enjoy nature or a book on the sofa.
Sarah Bösendörfer has learned to be a writing tutor in autumn semester 2019/20 and is now writing tutor for international students. She studied philosophy and publishing as a bachelor and now she is studying philosophy as a master. She likes to read a good book or to spend time with friends.